Friday, February 26, 2016

The 15 Weird Questions Tag

Friday, February 26, 2016 with 2 comments
So, my friend Christina posted her answers to the 15 Weird Questions Tag earlier this week, and I was intrigued. And because y'all needed further proof that I am indeed weird, I give you my answers to 15 weird questions:

1. A nickname that you get called

Nowadays, my nicknames aren't weird or cutesy. They just are. For example: Jen or J, which are short for Jeannette. But when I was a kid, my dad used to call me Nette, obviously shortened from my full name. And when I was asked my nickname in class in the 5th grade, I was an idiot and told my classmates this name, and my crush decided to call me Netterbug. Which stuck, for like, EVER. My family even started calling me that. Course, that kid's name was Daniel, same as my dad's, so dear ole daddy told me what they used to call him as a kid: Daniel the Cocker Spaniel. Worked like a charm. DtCS never called me a name again. Well, okay, also...we moved away in the 7th grade, so he didn't have much of an opportunity after that.

Previous childhood nicknames included Broken-neck and Broccoli-head because of my last name. As it was my maiden name, I shall not share that information here. But it was a doozy and was the source of much childhood angst. =(

2. A weird habit

Um, so I have a really shy bladder. I have to close my eyes and squeeze them real tight to distract my mind from the fact that there are other people in the restroom at work just so I can go. Other weird habits include some mild OCD-tendencies, like checking my alarm clock 20 times before I go to sleep to make sure it's set.

3. A weird phobia

Aren't all phobias a little weird? I'm trying to think, but nothing's really coming to mind. I don't think I have any true phobias now that I'm an adult. But when I was a kid, I was terrified that a green witch's hand - complete with long red fingernails - was going to come up from the toilet and grab me and pull me down into it. Maybe that's what led to my shy bladder? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. A song you are ashamed to like so you blast it in private

Honestly, it depends on the company I'm keeping at the time. Most of my friends and family like country -- I do live in Texas -- so it's weird to listen to anything else around them. But then my older sis likes the same kind of music I do -- Chvrches, Two Door Cinema Club, Phantogram, etc. -- so it's weird when my husband play country music around her. I will admit that neither set is welcoming toward TSwift, so I blast that like nobody's business when they're not around. =)

5. A pet peeve

One. Ha. I'm probably the most easily peeved person alive. It's always the little things: not clearing off the microwave if you take your food out before it beeps, not shutting cabinet doors after getting a dish out, not replacing the toilet paper roll, and the like.

6. A nervous habit

I don't really have cause to get nervous these days, except in conversation with people I don't know well, and then I tend to babble. I daresay I'm nearly incoherent when meeting new people. On paper, I'm cool as a cucumber, but in person...someone please save me from myself.

7. What side of the bed do you sleep on?

That depends. Which side is my husband sleeping on? Because he's the protective type, so he needs to sleep nearest the door in case we get burgled or there's a fire or something. At our old house, that meant I slept on the right. Now, I sleep on the left, so he can get to the door quick and get to our daughter who's on the other side of the hall, if need be.

8. The name of your first stuffed animal

Bear Bear. He may have not been my first stuffed animal, but he's the first one I remember naming myself. Real clever, huh? :0)

9. What do you buy at Starbucks?

I don't. Might seem like one of the weirdest things about me to most people, but I've never actually stepped foot in a Starbucks. I've had it brought to me exactly twice: my hubby got me a smoothie when I was in the hospital recovering from giving birth and my sister brought me a caramel macchiato at work one morning. We have a Keurig at home and at work, so Starbucks runs just aren't necessary for me.

10. Beauty rule

Less is more.

11. Which way do you face in the shower?

Toward the shower head? I mean, I rotate as needed, but I guess I mostly face that way? Are you looking for a NSEW direction here? Because I'm not good with those...

12. A weird body skill

I used to could tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue. No reason to use that to impress people anymore, though, lol. Um, I can lift my eyebrows really high individually, à la The Rock.

13. Comfort food

All the foods bring me comfort. But when I'm feeling bad, I like to make stir fry or pasta. And there had better be apple pie à la mode.

14. A word or phrase that you say all the time

Stahp. Or staaaaaaahp. I try to be unpredictable.

15. What do you sleep in?

I always start off the night in a t-shirt and pajama bottoms, but I hate how the pants get trapped around my legs while I'm sleeping, making me super uncomfortable, so then I usually end up in just a tee and my undies.


Well, those were some weird questions. Not tagging anyone but feel free to tell us more about yourself in your own weird post. =)


2 comments:

  1. Aw, Netterbug! Broken-neck and Broccoli-head! Jen, awwww. That just makes me want to hug you. Although Netterbug is kinda cute - though not as much when it comes from a crush haha. I get that angst.

    The green witch's hand!! Toilets can be scary man. Were you ever into video games? The N64 zelda has a hand in a toilet like that, and that would creep me out so much.

    Hahaha oh god I would peeve you out so much if I was in your house. I'm notorious at home for leaving the cabinet door open after I grab a cup for water. It's almost a routine, or something that just happens naturally and I forget.

    Better for you that you've never stepped into a Starbucks - don't get addicted!

    YOU CAN DO THE "QUIRKED AN EYEBROW" GESTURE FOR BOTH EYEBROWS? I can only do one, and when I read that gesture in books, I huff a little :O.

    Jen, this was great! Thanks for sending me the link (I'm kind of awful these days at following up, so I'm really glad you left it for me!). YES TO MAKING WEIRD LOOK COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only do one eyebrow, but apparently when used in the right context I'm a mean looking SOB :p
    - Krys

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...